You might have typed in the wrong address or the page has been removed by Author or Moderator.
Error in loading page. Please try again later.
buddha quotesbuddh's teachingbuddha's quotatiquotes on life
Quotations by Buddha
posted by Mala on 05/Aug/2019
Gautama Buddha, also known as Siddhārtha Gautama in Sanskrit or Siddhattha Gotama in Pali, Shakyamuni Buddha, or simply the Buddha, after the title of Buddha, was a monk, mendicant, sage, philosopher, teacher and religious leader on whose teachings Buddhism was founded.
Here are few of his Buddha's teachings and Quotations
1. “You only lose what you cling to.”
2.“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
3.“What you are is what you have been. What you’ll be is what you do now.”
4.“Just as a snake sheds its skin, we must shed our past over and over again.”
5. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”
6. “The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground.”
7. “Nothing can harm you as much as your own thoughts unguarded.”
8. “Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Suffering follows an evil thought as the wheels of a cart follow the oxen that draws it.”
9. “Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.”
10. “As rain falls equally on the just and the unjust, do not burden your heart with judgments but rain your kindness equally on all.”
11.“The tongue like a sharp knife… Kills without drawing blood.”
12. “There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.”
13. “Pain is certain, suffering is optional.”
14. “An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.”
15. “One moment can change a day, one day can change a life and one life can change the world.”